Friday, March 25, 2011

Korean Lessons (8 February)

Despite my voice taking an unapproved sick day, I wake this morning with great excitement and anticipation of my first proper Korean lesson tonight.  Catfish and I have been trying to get Korean lessons started since the beginning of December but our schedules just never seemed to match with that of our Korean teacher.  Fortunately, that’s now changed and we’ve arranged to meet on Tuesdays and Thursdays.  Of course, once the new school semester starts again, we’ll probably have to reassess this currently ambitious plan but for now, I’m delighted to finally be meeting Dayoung who is the same age as me and an elementary school English teacher.  It’ll also be great just to make a new Korean friend. 

Our first lesson goes well as we meet and discuss how to best approach the lessons.  From there, we head to the ESL bookstore that I didn’t even know existed and we choose our books for our studies.  Unfortunately, there aren’t enough of the books that we actually want so we’ll have to wait and see if they can be ordered.  One way or another, we’re going to get these lessons started!

No comments:

Post a Comment