Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Monte Cristo Comes to Jeonju (15 May)

Having studied classical music all through school, I’m a big fan of musicals.  I love the theatre in general but musical theatre is definitely my favourite!  Cute doctor told me about going to Seoul to watch Monte Cristo a few weeks ago and I decided that it was time for me to watch a theatre performance in Korea.  Fortunately, I don’t have to go to Seoul to watch Monte Cristo as the show was on, with the Seoul cast, at the Sori Arts Centre in Jeonju.  Gunsan is in the process of building a similar Arts Centre and we’re hoping that shows like this will come to Gunsan eventually.

M booked the tickets online and we travel together to Jeonju on a pleasant Sunday afternoon to watch the show.  The sets are impressive, the costumes are colourful and detailed, the choreography is energetic and the singing is mesmerising.  Overall, the show is extremely engaging and well-performed.  Just over two hours later, I’m satisfied that I’ve had my musical fix to last me at least a few weeks and we’re soon on our way to meet Catfish in downtown Jeonju for an hour or two of shopping – especially shoe shopping.

No comments:

Post a Comment