Saturday, February 4, 2012

Goodbye Harry Potter (14 July)

I’m absolutely exhausted.  It’s the final week of the first semester and, what with having to edit and unify the format of the writing textbook, I’ve had little chance to mark my classes’ journals this week.  In addition, we’ve just been informed that our vice-principal has offered a parents’ English summer class in addition to the other classes that we have to do.  Considering that I’ve already volunteered to run a Basic Conversation class as an extra hour after school because I feel that these are the students who really need the classes, I’m feeling a little overwhelmed – something that I admit to Mr Jeong today when he asks if I’m doing okay. 

I feel the pressure of Friday’s deadline looming and am grateful that tonight offers a brief distraction in the form of the final Harry Potter movie, which Catfish, M and I watch at 21:50.  Unfortunately, the movie doesn’t quite live up to the hype and I can’t help but feel slightly disappointed by what we all feel is rather an anti-climax to an otherwise entertaining series that has spanned my 20s.

No comments:

Post a Comment